Pages

Monday, August 29, 2016

Best Films of 2015

Ten months into 2015, I was able to have a better handle on the best films of 2014. Similarly, almost 8 months into 2016, I have a better picture of the best films of 2015. Therefore, another correction is due.



A new updated Best of 2015 list would look like this:

1. The Treasure (Romania/France, Corneliu Porumboiu)
2. The Pearl Button (Chile/France/Spain/Switzerland, Patricio Guzmán)
3. Kaili Blues (China, Gan Bi)
4. Aligarh (India, Hansal Mehta)
5. Embrace of the Serpent (Colombia co-production, Ciro Guerra)
6. El Movimiento (Argentina/South Korea, Benjamín Naishtat)
7. Blood of my Blood (Italy/France/Switzerland, Marco Bellocchio)
8. Right Now, Wrong Then (South Korea, Hong Sang-soo)
9. 45 Years (UK, Andrew Haigh)
10. Masaan (India/France, Neeraj Ghaywan)

I do expect some further changes in the next few months as I still have to catch up with some 2015 titles. However, it is clear that 2015 was a far stronger and richer year in film that I had originally thought.

No comments: